Friday, December 3, 2010

Day Twenty-Four

Today I was on a mission to get as many of my errands done as possible. It began with look for a place to have my Sari choli's made. After finally locating the place I was suggested to go...it turned out to be the same place Preethi took me to only a couple days earlier, except they told me they could not do it and the place next door they told me to try was charing 1000 rupees! So I had to look elsewhere, meantime the area I was in (Pali Naka) had pretty nice places to eat. I was starving so I ate at Papa Pancho...which I originally thought was Mexican cuisine but it was actually North Indian. It was good anyway...I ordered Dal Makhini. The inside was very nostalgic, I guess that is what attracted me to it in the first place. 
Across the street was a huge building I was curious to find out what was inside. So I asked the waiter what it was and it was combination of a gym, spa, and business offices. As soon as I heard spa, I made my way over. The minute I walked in, I was suffocating in aroma fumes of what they called "relaxation." That still does not help to identify exactly what it was. It smelled beautiful! Words can't describe the intensity of whatever oil they were burning. The spa had fair prices and was completely modernized inside. Everything was very clean and neat and the staff were really polite and helpful. Initially I came in not really knowing exactly what I wanted...by the time I left I dropped Rs1100, on a hair-wash and blow dry, facial, and threading. I also got the opportunity to scratch one more thing off my list of things to do before I leave India which is learn how to thread! I casually asked the girl threading my eyebrows if she would teach me how to do it, and with no extra cost at all explained the technique and allowed me to try threading some hair off her arm until I got it  down. I was livid! Super excited, because now I won't have to pay $8 to thread my eyebrows...I can do it on my own...or at least on other friends and family members! 
Once finished, I headed directly across the street to cocoberry (India's first  frozen yogurt place) and had a banana based yogurt with white chocolate chips and chocolate sprinkles...delicious. Next stop was turner road...because I was desperate to get these Choli's handed to someone to work on since my time is already limited. And then, I came to the first place I wandered into when I first arrived here, except this time I had sketches of the patterns I wanted for each I had. The women took on my request and approved each design I showed her! Now I can't wait to see what they will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment